This exercise is intended to help you learn the basics of WordPress, which you will be using to create your final project.
If you have questions or need help with the assignment, email Melanie Hubbard, digital scholarship librarian: email@example.com
To begin, watch the “Getting Started in WordPress” video, which will guide you through the steps below.
- Create your account. (An existing WordPress account will not work, therefore, you must create a new one for this specific site.)
To register, go to http://environmentalchina.history.lmu.build/register/
You must use your Lion email. (After you register, I will need to change your permissions so that you can edit the site.)
- One group member must create a group landing page. Give the page a short title that describes your topic. (You can come up with a better one later.)
- Create an individual page for your work. (Each group member will have their own page.) Give your individual page a short title that describes your topic. (You can come up with a better one later.)
- On your individual page do the following:
1.) At the top, write your name and make it a header 2 that your full name.
2.) On a new line, write your major and make it a header 3
3.) On a new line, write a few sentences and make it a paragraph. For the sentences:
- Write a sentence or two about your experience (or non-experience) with making websites.
- Write a sentence or two about your interest in or concerns about the technological aspects of this assignment, i.e., making a website and creating a map in ArcGIS.
- Within the sentences, select some of the text and make it bold and select some of the text and make it italic.
This step is intended to teach you about page formatting as well as to give me insight into your experience with creating websites and insight into your feelings about working with technology. It will eventually be deleted when you add your project content to the page.
- Add your group page and individual pages to the sites’ menu. Make sure your group page is at the top of the hierarchy and you individual pages are below it.
- Create a Word doc and paste your individual page link into the doc. Next, write in the Word doc any questions you have or explain any difficulties you faced while conducting the assignment. Submit the Word doc to Brightspace.